Vasse Community Development Officer
October 28, 2018
We welcome Nicole Andrijevic to the role of Vasse Community Development Officer.
About The Community Development Officer Role
We’ve introduced the Community Development Officer role to further strengthen and unite our wonderful Vasse community.
Nicole will be helping to facilitate and coordinate community development programs, initiatives, events and groups. The role includes such things as:
- Managing and coordinating an annual program of community events and activities.
- Talking to locals to under what the community wants and needs are.
- Helping to develop relationships between people and groups to encourage community initiatives, events and programs.
- Planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the community initiatives, programs & events.
- Managing and coordinating the distribution of sponsorship funds to community groups.
- Investigating and securing external funding through grants and sponsorship where possible.
Who Can Get Community Development Assistance?
Everybody! Nicole is here to help new and existing residents, community groups, schools and businesses in Vasse.
If you’ve got some passion and an idea about what you’d like to see in Vasse, get in touch. Nicole is here to give you some help to get it going.
Nicole is an artist who has worked with galleries and communities from as far away as Germany and Japan. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours.
Nicole says about the role, “I love that they give me scope to create a community. To think about what could help to make it all come together. It’s quite a creative role.”
“I love chatting with people. I love helping. If someone has something they want to create, I’d love to help them do that. And find a way for Vasse to support them. I will go out of my way to give them a hand.”
Get In Touch
Ph: 0466 399 363
Nicole Andrijevic awarding the 2018 VET Award For Excellence, sponsored by the Vasse Estate Development, to Cape Naturaliste College student Jason Thompson. The award was for Jason’s mature and conscientious approach to his studies in Building and Engineering.