TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The following terms and conditions (Terms) apply to the Vasse Community Christmas Lights Competition (Competition).
- Entrants warrant that by submitting an entry into the Competition, they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- These Terms will be published on the Promoter’s website.
Vasse Development Partners – Joint Venture of Perron Developments P/L and Stawell P/L ABN 34 753 217 838 (Promoter) of 4 Plain Street East Perth, Western Australia.
The Competition will commence at 9.00am (AWST) on Friday, 1 December 2018 and will end at 11.59pm (AWST) on Wednesday, 20 December 2018 (Competition Period).
- Only homes decorated with a Christmas lights display which are located within the Birchfields and Dawson Estates of the Vasse development area may be entered as part of this Competition.
- Entry to the Competition is only open to residents of the Birchfields and Dawson Estates of the Vasse development area, who are:
- permanent residents of Western Australia; and
- over the age of 18 at the time that the prize is drawn.
- The following persons are ineligible to participate in the Competition and may not redeem any prizes offered in the Competition:
- employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, associated sponsors and the suppliers of prizes;
- a person who is discovered to have used or attempted to use more than one name in entering the Competition;
- a person who has submitted more than one entry;
- a person whose entry is incomplete or incomprehensible or whose entry, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes any content which may be or is unlawful, profane, inflammatory, defamatory and/or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter; and
- a person who breaches any of these Terms.
5. Method of Entry
- To enter the Competition, eligible individuals will need to take a photo of their completed Christmas lights display on their home within Birchfields and Dawson Estates and email or text that photo, along with their full name, address, email address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0466 399 363 during the Competition Period.
- Entries received after the Competition Period will be deemed invalid and will not be considered.
- If an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected entries.
6. Selection of Winners
- Three winners will be selected by the Promoter on Thursday, 21 December 2017 based on the originality and creativity of their entries.
- The Promoter’s decision on the three winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Prize Details
- The winner of the first prize will receive a $500.00 Vasse Jewellers Gift Voucher.
- The winner of the second prize will receive a $300.00 Cinco Hair Boutique Gift Voucher.
- The winner of the third prize will receive a $100.00 Magpie Cafe Gift Voucher.
8. Prize Conditions
- All prizes are given subject to the terms and conditions associated with each prize, as stipulated by the suppliers of the prizes.
- The terms and conditions associated with the Vasse Jewellers voucher will be noted on the voucher itself and are subject to the Vasse Jewellers standard terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of the Cinco Hair Boutique voucher will be noted on the voucher itself and are subject to the Cinco Hair Boutique standard terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions of the Magpie Cafe voucher will be noted on the voucher itself and are subject to the Magpie Cafe standard terms and conditions.
- The prizes are not transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash from the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable if for any reason beyond its reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter may, but is not obliged to, substitute a different prize of equivalent value in place of any prize offered.
The 3 winners will be notified at the time of winning by email and by telephone.
10. Prize Collection
- Prizes will be delivered from the Vasse Estate Community Development Officer on Friday 21st December, once confirmed with the winners. If delivery is not confirmed, prizes can be collected after the 7th of January 2019 at the Vasse Estate Sales Office at 8 Amberjack Ave, Kealy, Western Australia on Mon & Wed from 2-5pm and Sat & Sun from 1-5pm.
- Where the Promoter cannot contact a winner within 9 months of the prize draw, the relevant prize will be forfeited to the Promoter and that winner will have no claim or recourse against the Promoter in relation to the forfeited prize.
11. Copyright and Publicity
- All entrants in the Competition:
- undertake to the Promoter that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights;
- grant the Promoter a licence to use their entries in future advertising and publicity; and
- agree that if they are selected as one of the three winners of the Competition, the Promoter may use and publicise their names and their entries for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition or to the Birchfields and Dawson Estates.
To the extent permitted by law, all entrants release the Promoter from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the Competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, or due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
The Promoter may collect each entrants’ personal information for the purposes of providing products or services or information about those products or services, to each entrant. Such products and services may include, but are not limited to, the provision of loyalty cards, the conduct of promotions or competitions, the operation of mailing lists for promotional purposes and for the provision of other services requested by you. Upon contact, the option to opt out of future communications will be available.
14. Failure to Enforce Terms
A failure by the Promoter to enforce any one of these Terms in any instance will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any other person or entrant. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence in relation to such matters.
15. Termination of Competition
The Promoter may, subject to the regulations of the Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 (WA) to the extent that they apply to this Competition, terminate this Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant or any other person. The Promoter will not award a prize if the Competition is terminated before the end of the Competition Period.